36 Friendship Quotes

Top 31 famous quotes & sayings about 36 Friendship.

Famous Quotes About 36 Friendship

Here are best 31 famous quotes about 36 Friendship that you can use to show your feeling, share with your friends and post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and blogs. Enjoy your day & share your thoughts with perfect pictures of 36 Friendship quotes.

36 Friendship quotes by Vironika Tugaleva
#1. Compassion does not have to be a face-to-face relationship. Forgiveness does not imply friendship. Understanding why someone has inflicted pain on us is how we set ourselves free of the past, not how we excuse someone's behaviour so they can continue to abuse us. #Quote by Vironika Tugaleva
36 Friendship quotes by Alain De Botton
#2. Anyone who urgently needs us deserves, in the true book of love, to be our friend. #Quote by Alain De Botton
36 Friendship quotes by Samuel Beckett
#3. Two in distressmake sorrow less. #Quote by Samuel Beckett
36 Friendship quotes by Christopher Moore
#4. For me, 'Lamb' started out as a further exploration of the phenomenon of faith and the responsibility of a messiah that I touched on in 'Coyote Blue' and 'Island of the Sequined Love Nun,' but it ended up being an exploration of the true meaning of sacrifice, loyalty, and friendship. #Quote by Christopher Moore
36 Friendship quotes by Janvier Chouteu-Chando
#5. ...We find our greatest peace when we embrace something that gives meaning to our lives. Often, it is love for somebody or something we can give up our lives for, or somebody or something that we are sure will never betray us. That love could be for a partner, for our offspring, for a country or for a belief... #Quote by Janvier Chouteu-Chando
36 Friendship quotes by Jared Taylor
#6. It should be clear by now that whatever Americans say about diversity, it is not a strength. If it were a strength, Americans would practice it spontaneously. It would not require "diversity management" or anti-discrimination laws. Nor would it require constant reminders of how wonderful it is. It takes no exhortations for us to appreciate things that are truly desirable: indoor plumbing, vacations, modern medicine, friendship, or cheaper gasoline.
[W]hen they are free to do so, most people avoid diversity. The scientific evidence suggests why: Human beings appear to have deeply-rooted tribal instincts. They seem to prefer to live in homogeneous communities rather than endure the tension and conflict that arise from differences. If the goal of building a diverse society conflicts with some aspect of our nature, it will be very difficult to achieve. As Horace wrote in the Epistles, "Though you drive Nature out with a pitchfork, she will ever find her way back." Some intellectuals and bohemians profess to enjoy diversity, but they appear to be a minority. Why do we insist that diversity is a strength when it is not?
In the 1950s and 1960s, when segregation was being dismantled, many people believed full integration would be achieved within a generation. At that time, there were few Hispanics or Asians but with a population of blacks and whites, the United States could be described as "diverse." It seemed vastly more forward-looking to think of this as an advantage to #Quote by Jared Taylor
36 Friendship quotes by Markelle Grabo
#7. My Zora senses are tingling," I said.
Nathan looked at me blankly.
"Right, you don't know anything about Spiderman," I remembered.
"Spider who?" he asked. #Quote by Markelle Grabo
36 Friendship quotes by Elaine White
#8. Tam let his hand drop to his neck and slowly circled his fingers around it. It was a free, gentle touch and Casen knew that if he asked him not to, he would remove his hand and nothing would change. He couldn't get the words out; it wasn't the touch he had a problem with, it was the far away look in Tam's eyes that said he wasn't in the room anymore. The look that suggested he was lying on the ground, as the rain fell in buckets and a stranger knelt over him, trying to keep him awake.
Casen blinked and looked away, as the urge to cry for that lost look threatened. #Quote by Elaine White
36 Friendship quotes by Diane Von Furstenberg
#9. I find great happiness in my relationships with old friends, living mirrors that reflect histories of laughter and sorrow, triumphs and failures, births and deaths, on both sides. #Quote by Diane Von Furstenberg
36 Friendship quotes by Katharine Graham
#10. There is a saying about relationships in Washington: If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog. #Quote by Katharine Graham
36 Friendship quotes by Jennifer Jabaley
#11. Girlfriends and boyfriends come and go.
The good times had with them are easily forgotten. But best friends stay in your heart forever. #Quote by Jennifer Jabaley
36 Friendship quotes by Blake Shelton
#12. Stop using the word 'bromance.' Can we please kill that stupid term? We're just friends. It's called friendship! #Quote by Blake Shelton
36 Friendship quotes by William Wycherley
#13. Good fellowship and friendship are lasting, rational and manly pleasures. #Quote by William Wycherley
36 Friendship quotes by Jean Vanier
#14. But how to be present to another? Our hearts are so hard. We are so insensitive to the suffering of others. We must pray the Holy Spirit to change our hearts of stone into hearts of flesh so that we may give life, for love is giving of life and liberty. By our confidence in another we can bring forth new aspirations and a taste for life in him. We can help the miserable person to live, to progress and to grow. And he will only begin to want to live when he has been told by our gestures, words, the tone of our voice, our look, our whole being that it is important that he live. #Quote by Jean Vanier
36 Friendship quotes by Scott Stabile
#15. It's easy to rebuke each other's opinions, but can we honor each other's pain? Can we make the effort to see beyond the portraits we've painted of one another, and to connect to the humanity that thrives beneath our own assumptions? Can we be relentless in our desire to tear down walls, and to build bridges? Can we be brave and stay committed to the conversations that need to be had?
The only thing I know about these questions is that I need to replace the we with I, and begin to answer them from there.
One thing I know for sure: I want to become the example I wish to see in others. That's a good place to start.
Another thing I know for sure: I love you. You're beautiful. You rock. #Quote by Scott Stabile
36 Friendship quotes by Jonathan Swift
#16. Two friendships in two breasts requires The same aversions and desires. #Quote by Jonathan Swift
36 Friendship quotes by Francois De La Rochefoucauld
#17. A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care of all to acquire. #Quote by Francois De La Rochefoucauld
36 Friendship quotes by Ovid
#18. Let love steal in disguised as friendship. #Quote by Ovid
36 Friendship quotes by Brittany Butler
#19. I rub my hand down my face, frustrated. This girl in front of me tests my patience like hell.
When she ran to me after her dad kicked her out, I thought she still had feelings for me. She needed a place to stay, and I needed her. I offered her a room, thinking if she was around me every day, she would remember she loves me. I was dead wrong. Somewhere along the way, we switched roles, I became the one who so desperately needed her and she became cold and closed off. She isn't my savior; she's my punishment. #Quote by Brittany Butler
36 Friendship quotes by Pat Conroy
#20. Among the worst things about growing old is the loss of those irreplaceable friends who added richness and depth to your life. #Quote by Pat Conroy
36 Friendship quotes by Owen Feltham
#21. Promises may get friends, but it is performance that must nurse and keep them. #Quote by Owen Feltham
36 Friendship quotes by Riley Redgate
#22. You didn't want to assume a guy was into you, but you had to have a plan lined up just in case, because what if he sprang feelings on you out of nowhere in a guerrilla attack an you were unprepared to deflect them in a tactful way? Also, it made a shitty foundation for a friendship, the constant worry that someone would stop caring about you overnight if you didn't want to date them. It was all very stressful. #Quote by Riley Redgate
36 Friendship quotes by Bryant McGill
#23. Control is violence; cooperation is friendship. #Quote by Bryant McGill
36 Friendship quotes by Uell Stanley Andersen
#24. Given the proper suggestion, the Subconscious Mind will manifest success from failure, health from disease, prosperity from poverty, friendship and love from loneliness and isolation. For nothing is impossible to the Subconscious Mind and it operates entirely by suggestion. #Quote by Uell Stanley Andersen
36 Friendship quotes by Elizabeth Gilbert
#25. So tonight I reach for my journal again. This is the first time I've done this since I came to Italy. What I write in my journal is that I am weak and full of fear. I explain that Depression and Loneliness have shown up, and I'm scared they will never leave. I say that I don't want to take the drugs anymore, but I'm frightened I will have to. I am terrified that I will never really pull my life together.
In response, somewhere from within me, rises a now-familiar presence, offering me all the certainties I have always wished another person would say to me when I was troubled. This is what I find myself writing on the page:

I'm here. I love you. I don't care if you need to stay up crying all night long. I will stay with you. If you need the medication again, go ahead and take it - I will love you through that, as well. If you don't need the medication, I will love you, too. There's nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and Braver than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.

Tonight, this strange interior gesture of friendship - the lending of a hand from
me to myself when nobody else is around to offer solace - reminds me of something that happened to me once in New York City. I walked into an office building one afternoon in a hurry, dashed into the waiting elevator. As I rushed in, I caught an unexpected glance of myself in #Quote by Elizabeth Gilbert
36 Friendship quotes by Joss Whedon
#26. My people - before I was changed - they exchanged this as a sign of devotion. It's a Claddagh ring. The hands represent friendship; the crown represents loyalty ... and the heart ... Well, you know ... Wear it with the heart pointing towards you. It means you belong to somebody. Like this. #Quote by Joss Whedon
36 Friendship quotes by Marquis De Lafayette
#27. I experience for the American officers and soldiers that friendship which arises from having shared with them for a length of time dangers, sufferings, and both good and evil fortune. #Quote by Marquis De Lafayette
36 Friendship quotes by Ian Isaro
#28. Keisha: They said there wasn't any resistance - how did you beat Risa?
Aki: Friendship, the heart of the cards, teamwork, and lots and lots of fire. #Quote by Ian Isaro
36 Friendship quotes by Alice Munro
#29. I would have seen flaws in this, later in my life. I would have felt the impatience, even suspicion, a woman can feel towards a man who lacks a motive. Who has only friendship to offer and offers that so easily and bountifully that even if it is rejected he can move along as buoyantly as ever. Here was no solitary fellow hoping to hook up with a girl. Even I could see that, inexperienced as I was. Just a person who took comfort in the moment and in a sort of reasonable façade of life. #Quote by Alice Munro
36 Friendship quotes by Jennifer Crusie
#30. Kate picked up her coffee cup, frowning when she saw it was empty. "Did you drink my coffee?"
"Yes. I was feeling aggressive. #Quote by Jennifer Crusie
36 Friendship quotes by Holly Martin
#31. I guess it's like friendship. Some people come and go from your life like ships passing in the night, some people stay forever. It's funny though, when you meet forever friends, you just know that they are going to be your friend for the rest of your life - there's that connection there that you don't get from those fleeting friendships. #Quote by Holly Martin

Famous Authors

Popular Topics