2529 Stormy Quotes

Top 44 famous quotes & sayings about 2529 Stormy.

Famous Quotes About 2529 Stormy

Here are best 44 famous quotes about 2529 Stormy that you can use to show your feeling, share with your friends and post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and blogs. Enjoy your day & share your thoughts with perfect pictures of 2529 Stormy quotes.

2529 Stormy quotes by Kameron Hurley
#1. He wore a white girdle that pulled in his waist just above the hips. He was, of necessity, slender. She believed men should take up as little space as possible. He wore his black hair long over his shoulders, tied once with a white ribbon. The men allowed to live were, of course, beautiful, far more beautiful than any of the women Zezili knew. Anavha was clean-shaven, as she wanted him, lightly powdered in gold, his eyes lined in kohl, eyes a stormy grey, set a bit too wide in a broad face whose jaw she has initially found almost vulgar in its squareness. He stood a hand shorter than she; she easily outweighed him by fifty pounds. She liked him just this way. #Quote by Kameron Hurley
2529 Stormy quotes by Stormy Smith
#2. Amelia, this changes things, right? You don't have to run from me. I can help. Whatever is happening, I can help. #Quote by Stormy Smith
#3. but that was before my mom died, which also happened to be the day I was born. #Quote by Stormy Smith
2529 Stormy quotes by Herman Melville
#4. As we still ascend from shelf to shelf, we find the tenants of the tower serially disposed in order of their magnitude: gannets, black and speckled haglets, jays, sea hens, sperm-whale birds, gulls of all varieties -- thrones, princedoms, powers, dominating one above another in senatorial array; while, sprinkled over all, like an ever-repeated fly in a great piece of broidery, the stormy petrel or Mother Cary's chicken sounds his continual challenge and alarm. #Quote by Herman Melville
#5. Amelia's journey is just beginning. Stay tuned for the next installment in the "Bound" series. #Quote by Stormy Smith
2529 Stormy quotes by Thomas Carlyle
#6. Are we not Spirits, that are shaped into a body, into an Appearance; and that fade away again into air and Invisibility? Oh, Heaven, it is mysterious, it is awful to consider that we not only carry a future Ghost within us; but are, in very deed, Ghosts! These Limbs, whence had we them; this stormy Force; this life-blood with its burning Passion? They are dust and shadow; a Shadow-system gathered round our Me; wherein, through some moments or years, the Divine Essence is to be revealed in the Flesh. #Quote by Thomas Carlyle
2529 Stormy quotes by Marie Lu
#7. The first time Raffaele ever saw Adelina, it was a stormy-wracked night that changed her life and, indeed, the world. He recalls looking down from the window in his Dalia lodging to see a girl with silver-bright hair, conjuring an illusion of darkness such that he had never seen. He remembers the day she first came to his chambers in Estenzia, when Enzo was still alive and she was still innocent, and the way she looked up at him with her uncertain, damaged gaze. He remembers her test, and what he said to Enzo that night. How long ago that had been. How he had judged her wrongly. #Quote by Marie Lu
2529 Stormy quotes by Nathaniel Hawthorne
#8. It is not strange that that early love of the heart should come back, as it so often does when the dim eye is brightening with its last light. It is not strange that the freshest fountains the heart has ever known in its wastes should bubble up anew when the lifeblood is growing stagnant. It is not strange that a bright memory should come to a dying old man, as the sunshine breaks across the hills at the close of a stormy day; nor that in the light of that ray, the very clouds that made the day dark should grow gloriously beautiful. #Quote by Nathaniel Hawthorne
2529 Stormy quotes by Daniel Kahneman
#9. Managers think of themselves as captains of a ship on a stormy sea. Risk for them is danger, but they are fighting it, very controlled. #Quote by Daniel Kahneman
2529 Stormy quotes by Shelly Thacker
#10. So time, you see, is not so precise as many believe," Brynna was saying, lighting a candle. "It is not a solid thing, to be carved into days and hours at our bidding. It is fluid, liquid. It can change as easily as the sea changes, on one day calm and smooth, on another stormy and dangerous. #Quote by Shelly Thacker
2529 Stormy quotes by Darren Shan
#11. This world was made to be cloaked in gray.
It wouldn't feel natural if the sun shone brightly all the time. #Quote by Darren Shan
2529 Stormy quotes by Stormy Glenn
#12. There's this moment when I first wake, a moment where I forget that you left me, that you didn't want me. And for just a second, everything is perfect and I reach for you, but you're not there. And then I remember, and I can't breathe. So I lock away all of the want and need, all of the pain, until I can breathe again. And if that makes me a cold bastard, so be it. It's what I have to do to survive. #Quote by Stormy Glenn
2529 Stormy quotes by Rick Riordan
#13. Setne's dangerous,' Annabeth said. 'We can't just go charging in. We need a plan.'

'She's right,' Carter said.

'I kind of like charging in,' I said. 'Speed is of the essence, right?'

'Thank you,' Sadie muttered.

'Being smart is also of the essence,' Annabeth said.

'Exactly,' Carter said. 'We have to figure out how to attack.'

Sadie rolled her eyes at me. 'Just as I feared. These two together … they'll overthink us to death.'

I felt the same way, but Annabeth was getting that annoyed stormy look in her eyes and, since I date Annabeth, I figured I'd better suggest a compromise.

'How about we plan while we walk?' I said. 'We can charge south, like, really slowly. #Quote by Rick Riordan
2529 Stormy quotes by Maya Angelou
#14. The ship of my life may or may not be sailing on calm and amiable seas. The challenging days of my existence may or may not be bright and promising. Stormy or sunny days, glorious or lonely nights, I maintain an attitude of gratitude. If I insist on being pessimistic, there is always tomorrow. Today I am blessed. #Quote by Maya Angelou
2529 Stormy quotes by John Fletcher
#15. A woman friend! He that believes that weakness, Steers in a stormy night without a compass. #Quote by John Fletcher
2529 Stormy quotes by Emily Maroutian
#16. The great thing about you is that you're still here. You made it through many stormy seas and you're still ready to get back in the boat. You're still brave enough to hope. You're still courageous enough to love. You still give of yourself with the same warmth you did before others tried to extinguish your flame. You're still filled with kindness even though the world hasn't given you much to be kind about. You're still open to great adventures and deep emotions. You're still here. You're still living. You're still you. How great it is that you're still you. #Quote by Emily Maroutian
2529 Stormy quotes by Vincent De Paul
#17. We are still tossed about by the disturbances of this life, which is like a stormy sea, where those who are not attached to J[esus] C[hrist] and the duties of their state, as was our dear departed, are shipwrecked. #Quote by Vincent De Paul
2529 Stormy quotes by Seneca.
#18. People who know no self-restraint lead stormy and disordered lives, passing their time in a state of fear commensurate with the injuries they do to others, never able to relax. #Quote by Seneca.
2529 Stormy quotes by Sophocles
#19. Wonders are many, and none is more wonderful than man; the power that crosses the white sea, driven by the stormy wind, making a path under surges that threaten to engulf him ... #Quote by Sophocles
2529 Stormy quotes by Michael Dobbs
#20. I knew what was waiting out there for me," he said. "Terrifying things. There were German patrol boats, mine fields, and nearly a thousand miles of stormy seas." "So why did you do it?" "Because also waiting for me was the most terrifying and wonderful thing of all. The future. #Quote by Michael Dobbs
2529 Stormy quotes by Dorothy Cannell
#21. He was a dark and stormy knight. A latter-day rake with eyes the color of emeralds worth a queen's ransom. His smile promised voyages to the moon. And heaven alone knew how many females lay littered in his wake.

To a rousing burst of Rachmaninoff, he swept into my London flat one January evening and, with the hauteur of his greeting, captured my virgin heart forever and a day.

'Miss Ellie Simons? My car awaits. Shall we splurge on dinner or parking tickets? #Quote by Dorothy Cannell
2529 Stormy quotes by Anonymous
#22. Many people say he's plain- well, perhaps he is. But then, perhaps they've never seen the way his eyes flash when his face lights up with that smile of his. His smile- it's like a sudden flash of lightening across a stormy summer sky. Powerful, more than a little dangerous- but so wildly beautiful. And they have never heard the way his voice can roll, like the sea. Gentle at times, fierce at times, but always so deep and and sure. Perhaps they don't see it because he dosen't show them... or perhaps he dosen't show them because they wouldn't see. But I do. And so, I can never think him plain. ~H.D. #Quote by Anonymous
2529 Stormy quotes by Oscar Wilde
#23. Thou art the same: 'tis I whose wretched soul Takes discontent to be its paramour, And gives its kingdom to the rude control Of what should be its servitor, - for sure Wisdom is somewhere, though the stormy sea Contain it not, and the huge deep answer 'Tis not in me.' To #Quote by Oscar Wilde
2529 Stormy quotes by Werner Herzog
#24. Meanwhile it's got stormy, the tattered fog even thicker, chasing across my path. Three people are sitting in a glassy tourist cafe between clouds and clouds, protected by glass from all sides. Since I don't see any waiters, it crosses my mind that corpses have been sitting there for weeks, statuesque. All this time the cafe has been unattended, for sure. Just how long have they been sitting here, petrified like this? #Quote by Werner Herzog
2529 Stormy quotes by Myla Goldberg
#25. Miriam will never know what kind of dog attacked her, will imagine a Doberman or a German shepherd with snarling, angry teeth despite the fact she bears neither bite marks nor broken skin. It will never cross her mind that the dog was a beagle and that she was knocked over from a surprise more than force. The children of the house she fled will use the incident to convince their parents to keep the dog, which had been on the verge of being given away for its propensity to shit at the slightest hint of thunder it having been sequestered in the garage that night because of a stormy forecast. The family will never know what manner of burglar their fog deflected, will imagine a scruffy, heavy-set man with scars and a limp groping the family jewelery. It will never cross their minds that their intruder was am upper middle-class wife and mother of two who would have had eyes only for their Chinese teakettle. #Quote by Myla Goldberg
2529 Stormy quotes by Jenny Han
#26. Stormy, can you believe we were ever so young? #Quote by Jenny Han
2529 Stormy quotes by Charles M. Schulz
#27. It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly, a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up. #Quote by Charles M. Schulz
2529 Stormy quotes by Hillary Rodham Clinton
#28. Our strength, in other words, has rested in our determination to reject simplistic absolutes and to redefine and revitalize a productive middle ground, relinquishing outdated solutions and embracing new approaches. As President Lincoln said in his time, 'The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. #Quote by Hillary Rodham Clinton
2529 Stormy quotes by Adolf Hitler
#29. Overpowered by stormy enthusiasm, I fell down on my knees and thanked Heaven from an overflowing heart for granting me the good fortune of being permitted to live at this time ... There now began the greatest and most unforgettable time of my earthly existence. #Quote by Adolf Hitler
2529 Stormy quotes by Blaise Cendrars
#30. and only much later, when Mascha wanted a child, did I realize that love is a deadly poison, a vice, a vice that one wants to see shared, & that if one of the two involved is smitten, the other is often no more than a passive participant, or vixxtim, or possessed. And Moravagine was possessed.

Love is masochistic. These cries & complaints, these sweet alarms. this anguished state of lovers, this suspense, this latent pain that is just below the surface, almost unexpressed, these thousand & one anxieties over the loved one's absence, this feeling of time rushing by, this touchiness, these fits of temper, these long daydreams, this childish fickleness of behavior, this moral torture where vanity & self-esteem, or perhaps honor, upbringing & modesty are at stake, these highs & lows in the nervous tone, these leaps of imagination, this fetishism, this cruel precision of senses, whipping & probing, the collapse, the prostration, the abdication, the self-abasement, the perpetual loss & recovery of one's personality, these stammered words & phrases, these pet-names, this intimacy, these hesitations in physical contact, these epileptic tremors, these successive & even more frequent relapses, this more & more turbulent & stormy passion with its ravages progressing to the point of complete inhibition & annihilation of the soul, the debility of the senses, the exhaustion of the marrow, the erasure of the brain & even t #Quote by Blaise Cendrars
2529 Stormy quotes by Kathryn Smith
#31. It was an imprudent idea to begin with."
"I shan't argue with you on that point."
Rose scoffed at him. "You don't get to play morally superior with me, Grey. I may have been stupid enough to conspire against you, but you didn't even recognize someone you've known for years! If one of us must be the bigger idiot, I think it must be you!" Oh dear God. She covered her mouth with her hand. What had she just said?
Dark arched brows pulled together tightly over stormy blue eyes. "You're right," he agreed. "I am an idiot, but only because I allowed this ridiculous ruse past the point when I realized your identity."
Rose froze-like a damp leaf on an icy pond. "You knew?" And yet he continued to pretend…oh, he was worse than she by far.
"Of course I knew." He glowered at her. "Blindfold me and I would know the scent of your skin, the exact color and texture of your skin. Do you not realize that I know the color of your eyes right down to the flecks of gold that light their depths?"
Heart pounding, stomach churning in shock, Rose could only stare at him. How could he say such things to her and sound so disgusted? "When?" Her voice was a ragged whisper. "When did you know?"
"I suspected before but tried to deny it. The morning after we last met I took one look at your sweet mouth and knew there couldn't be two women in the world, let alone London with the same delectable bottom lip."
It hurt. Oh, she hadn't thought hearing him say such wonderful t #Quote by Kathryn Smith
2529 Stormy quotes by Erich Maria Remarque
#32. Home - what other home existed for one who belonged nowhere, but the stormy one in the heart of another for a short time? Was not this the reason why love, when it struck the hearts of the homeless, shook and possessed them so completely - because they had nothing else? Had he not for this very reason tried to avoid it? And had it not followed him and overtaken him and struck him down? It was harder to rise again on the slippery ice of a foreign land than on familiar and accustomed ground. #Quote by Erich Maria Remarque
2529 Stormy quotes by Lauren Groff
#33. Her hands warming on tea looked like chunks of knitting a child had felted in grubby palms. Enough decades, and a body slowly twists into one great cramp, but there was a time once, where she had been sexy, and if not sexy, at least odd-looking enough to compel.
Through this clear window she could see how good it all had been. She had no regrets.
That's not true, Mathilde. The whisper in the ear. Oh, Christ, yes, there was one. Solitary, gleaming, a regret. It was that all her life she had said no. From the beginning she had let so few people in.
That first night, his young face glowing up a hers in the black light, bodies beating the air around them, and inside there was that unexpected sharp recognition, oh, this. A sudden peace arriving for her. She who hadn't been at peace since she was so little. Out of nowhere, out of this surprising night with its shatters of lightning and the stormy black campus outside, with the heat and song and sex and animal fear inside.
He had seen her and made the leap and swung through the crowd and taken her hand, this bright boy who was giving her a place to rest. He offered not only his whole laughing self, the past that build him and the warm beating body that moved her with its beauty and the future she felt compressed and waiting, but also the torch he carried before him in the dark, his understanding, dazzling, instant, that there was goodness at her core.
With the gift came the bitter seed of regret, the un #Quote by Lauren Groff
2529 Stormy quotes by Polly Horvath
#34. I want someone who puts the whole ball of wax at risk. I want the kind of marriage where we would follow each other out into the stormy fatal sea or I'm not marrying at all. #Quote by Polly Horvath
2529 Stormy quotes by Annie Dillard
#35. The Bible's was an unlikely, movie-set world alongside our world. Light-shot and translucent in the pallid Sunday-school watercolors on the walls, stormy and opaque in the dense and staggering texts they read us placidly, sweet-mouthed and earnest, week after week, this world interleaved our waking world like dream. #Quote by Annie Dillard
2529 Stormy quotes by Dean Koontz
#36. Life, Stormy says, is not about how fast you run or even with what degree of grace. It's about perseverance, about staying on your feet and slogging forward no matter what. #Quote by Dean Koontz
2529 Stormy quotes by Thomas Carlyle
#37. Long stormy spring-time, wet contentious April, winter chilling the lap of very May; but at length the season of summer does come. #Quote by Thomas Carlyle
2529 Stormy quotes by Kenneth Grahame
#38. No, you don't understand, naturally' said the second swallow. 'First, we feel it stirring within us, a sweet unrest; then back come the recollections one by one, like homing pigeons. They flutter through our dreams at night, they fly with us in our wheelings and circlings by day. We hunger to inquire of each other, to compare notes and assure ourselves that it was all really true, as one by one the scents and sounds and names of long-forgotten places come gradually back and beckon to us...'I tried stopping on one year,' said the third swallow. 'I had grown so fond of the place that when the time came I hung back and let the others go on without me. For a few weeks it was all well enough, but afterwards, O the weary length of the nights! The shivering, sunless days! The air so clammy and chill, and not an insect in an acre of it! No, it was no good; my courage broke down, and one cold, stormy night I took wing, flying well inland on account of the strong easterly gales. It was snowing hard as I beat through the passes of the great mountains, and I had a stiff fight to win through; but never shall I forget the blissful feeling of the hot sun again on my back as I sped down to the lakes that lay so blue and placid below me, and the taste of my first fat insect. The past was like a bad dream; the future was all happy holiday #Quote by Kenneth Grahame
2529 Stormy quotes by J.K. Rowling
#39. Family is a life jacket in the stormy sea of life. #Quote by J.K. Rowling
2529 Stormy quotes by Dean Koontz
#40. Stormy Llewellyn, a woman of unconventional views, believes instead that our passage through this world is intended to toughen us for the next life. She says that our honesty, integrity, courage, and determined resistance to evil are evaluated at the end of our days here, and that if we come up to muster, we will be conscripted into an army of souls engaged in some great mission in the next world. Those who fail the test simply cease to exist. #Quote by Dean Koontz
2529 Stormy quotes by Jonathan Swift
#41. Under this window in stormy weather I marry this man and woman together; Let none but Him who rules the thunder Put this man and woman asunder. #Quote by Jonathan Swift
2529 Stormy quotes by Ross Gelbspan
#42. Stormy Weather is really wonderful - it ought to be required reading for everyone who is concerned about our planet's climate, beginning in every high school in the country. #Quote by Ross Gelbspan
2529 Stormy quotes by Bernard Barton
#43. That thorny path, those stormy skies, have drawn our spirits nearer; and rendered us, by sorrow's ties, each to the other dearer. #Quote by Bernard Barton
2529 Stormy quotes by Tom Drury
#44. PIerre tried to work up a stormy heart of romantic loss about breaking up with Rebecca. It gave him license to drink and brood with hard eyes, which he found interesting. #Quote by Tom Drury

Famous Authors

Popular Topics