1698 Chestnut Quotes

Top 48 famous quotes & sayings about 1698 Chestnut.

Famous Quotes About 1698 Chestnut

Here are best 48 famous quotes about 1698 Chestnut that you can use to show your feeling, share with your friends and post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and blogs. Enjoy your day & share your thoughts with perfect pictures of 1698 Chestnut quotes.

1698 Chestnut quotes by L.M. Montgomery
#1. Sometimes I feel as if those exams meant everything, but when I look at the big buds swelling on those chestnut trees and the misty blue air ... They don't seem half so important #Quote by L.M. Montgomery
1698 Chestnut quotes by Morris Chestnut
#2. Showtime has given new, young filmmakers - black, white, across the board - an opportunity to make films, as well as actors who want to cross over into directing. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
1698 Chestnut quotes by Pattie Boyd
#3. On first impressions, John seemed more cynical and brash than the others, Ringo the most endearing, Paul was cute, and George, with velvet brown eyes and dark chestnut hair, was the best-looking man I'd ever seen. At the break for lunch I found myself sitting next to him, whether by accident or design I have never been sure. We were both shy and spoke hardly a word to each other, but being close to him was electrifying. #Quote by Pattie Boyd
#4. I am just another fireman because the story focuses on Joaquin Phoenix's character, but I play Joaquin's close friend and I get burned up a little bit, but I don't die. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
1698 Chestnut quotes by Valerie Sinason
#5. The substance of the attacks on the reality of organized abuse and torture of children always reduce to that old chestnut - it is unscientific. "Give us proof," say the naysayers. "How is this different from reports of alien abduction?" say the clever-clever wags of Private Eye. Indeed. How is it different? In the case of alien abduction, we are asked to believe that visitors to this planet from outer space have kidnapped someone, taken them away, and brought them back. It is not believable.

In the case of ritual abuse, we are asked to believe that people can organize themselves into groups for the purpose of torturing children. There would seem to be a significant difference here in what we are asked to believe. #Quote by Valerie Sinason
1698 Chestnut quotes by Colette
#6. [Julie] had lived a great deal among lies, before plumping for a small life of her own, a sincere and restricted life from which all pretense, even in matters sensual, was banished. How many crazy decisions and allegiances to successive aspects fo the truth! Had she not, one day when her costume for a fancy dress had demanded short hair, cut off the great chestnut mane that fell below her waist when she let it down? 'I could have hired a wig,' she thought. 'I might also, at a pinch, have passed the rest of my life with Becker or Espivant. If it comes to that, I could also have gone on stirring puddings in a saucepan at Carneilhan. The things "one might have done" are, in fact, the things one could not do ... #Quote by Colette
1698 Chestnut quotes by Tom Robbins
#7. A few flat clouds folded themselves like crepes over fillings of apricot sky. Pompadours of supper-time smoke billowed from chimneys, separating into girlish pigtails as the breeze combed them out, above the slate rooftops. Chestnut blossoms, weary from having been admired all day, wore faint smiles of anticipation. #Quote by Tom Robbins
#8. A lot of times, women don't get the male perspective in regards to a relationship, what men go through when they're not really dealing well. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
1698 Chestnut quotes by Henry David Thoreau
#9. Consider the islands bearing the names of all the saints, bristling with forts like chestnut-burs, or Echinidae, yet the police will not let a couple of Irishmen have a private sparring- match on one of them, as it is a government monopoly; all the great seaports are in a boxing attitude, and you must sail prudently between two tiers of stony knuckles before you come to feel the warmth of their breasts. #Quote by Henry David Thoreau
1698 Chestnut quotes by Robert W. Chambers
#10. A spring sun was shining on the rue St. Honore, as I ran down the church steps. On one corner stood a barrow full of yellow jonquils, pale violets from the Riviera, dark Russian violets, and white Roman hyacinths in a golden cloud of mimosa. The street was full of Sunday pleasure-seekers. I swung my cane and laughed with the rest. Someone overtook and passed me. He never turned, but there was the same deadly malignity in his white profile that there had been in his eyes. I watched him as long as I could see him. His lithe back expressed the same menace; every step that carried him away from me seemed to bear him on some errand connected with my destruction.

I was creeping along, my feet almost refusing to move. There began to dawn in me a sense of responsibility for something long forgotten. It began to seem as if I deserved that which he threatened: it reached a long way back - a long, long way back. It had lain dormant all these. years: it was there though, and presently it would rise and confront me. But I would try to escape; and I stumbled as best I could into the rue de Rivioli, across the Place de la Concorde and on to the Quai. I looked with sick eyes upon the sun, shining through the white foam of the fountain, pouring over the backs of the dusky bronze river-gods, on the far-away Arc, a structure of amethyst mist, on the countless vistas of grey stems and bare branches faintly green. Then I saw him again coming down one of the chestnut alleys of the Cours #Quote by Robert W. Chambers
1698 Chestnut quotes by Louise Erdrich
#11. In praise of mu husband's hair
A woman is alone in labor, for it is an unfortunate fact that there is nobody who can have the baby for you. However, this account would be inadequate if I did not speak to the scent of my husband's hair. Besides the cut flowers he sacrifices his lunches to afford, the purchase of bags of licorice, the plumping of pillows, steaming of fish, searching out of chic maternity dresses, taking over of work, listening to complaints and simply worrying, there was my husband's hair.
His hair has always amazed stylists in beauty salons. At his every first appointment they gather their colleagues around Michael's head. He owns glossy and springy hair, of an animal vitality and resilience that seems to me so like his personality. The Black Irish on Michael's mother's side of the family have changeable hair--his great-grandmother's hair went from black to gold in old age. Michael's went from golden-brown of childhood to a deepening chestnut that gleams Modoc black from his father under certain lights. When pushing each baby I throw my arm over Michael and lean my full weight. When the desperate part is over, the effort, I turn my face into the hair above his ear. It is as though I am entering a small and temporary refuge. How much I want to be little and unnecessary, to stay there, to leave my struggling body at the entrance.
Leaves on a tree all winter that now, in your hand, crushed, give off a dry, true odor. The brass underside of a door #Quote by Louise Erdrich
1698 Chestnut quotes by M. John Harrison
#12. Instead, as the crystal splinters entered Hornwrack's brain, he experienced two curious dreams of the Low City, coming so quickly one after the other that they seemed simultaneous. In the first, long shadows moved across the ceiling frescoes of the Bistro Californium, beneath which Lord Mooncarrot's clique awaited his return to make a fourth at dice. Footsteps sounded on the threshold. The women hooded their eyes and smiled, or else stifled a yawn, raising dove-grey gloves to their blue, phthisic lips. Viriconium, with all her narcissistic intimacies and equivocal invitations welcomed him again. He had hated that city, yet now it was his past and it was he had to regret...The second of these visions was of the Rue Sepile. It was dawn, in summer. Horse-chestnut flowers bobbed like white wax candles above the deserted pavements. An oblique light struck into the street - so that its long and normally profitless perspective seemed to lead straight into the heart of a younger, more ingenuous city - and fell across the fronts of the houses where he had once lived, warming up the rotten brick and imparting to it a not unpleasant pinkish colour. Up at the second-floor casement window a boy was busy with the bright red geraniums arranged along the outer still in lumpen terra-cotta pots. He looked down at Hornwrack and smiled. Before Hornwrack could speak he drew down the lower casement and turned away. The glass which no separated them reflected the morning sunlight in a silent explos #Quote by M. John Harrison
1698 Chestnut quotes by Ernest Hemingway,
#13. For luck you carried a horse chestnut and a rabbit's foot in your right pocket. The fur had been worn off the rabbit's foot long ago and the bones and the sinews were polished by the wear. The claws scratched in the lining of your pocket and you knew your luck was still there. #Quote by Ernest Hemingway,
1698 Chestnut quotes by F Scott Fitzgerald
#14. She felt a little betrayed and sad, but presently a moving object came into sight. It was a huge horse-chestnut tree in full bloom bound for the Champs Elysees, strapped now into a long truck and simply shaking with laughter - like a lovely person in an undignified position yet confident none the less of being lovely. Looking at it with fascination, Rosemary identified herself with it, and laughed cheerfully with it, and everything all at once seemed gorgeous. #Quote by F Scott Fitzgerald
1698 Chestnut quotes by Melissa Jensen
#15. I'll tell you this,though, Frankie makes me happy. So does Sadie. I don't want to canoodle with either of them, but I love them to death."
"Must you use those words in my presence?"
"Sorry.But.Truth:You are dead as the spat."
Edward sighed. "You're right.You're absolutely right. So I suppose you'd best go to sleep, darling Ella. It's late. And,as was famously said, 'tomorrow-'"
"-is another day? Thank you, Scarlett O'Hara."
"Actually-" -he scowled at me- "I was going to say, 'Tomorrow comes. Tomorrow brings, tomorrow brings love, in the shape of things.'"
"Shakespeare?" I asked.
"Queen," he shot back. "Not nearly as good as 'Bohemian Rhapsody' or 'Fat Bottomed Girls,' but certainly poetic."
"Good night, Edward."
"Good night, lovely girl."
I turned off the light and climbed into bed. "Oh.By the way."
"Yes?"
"I think I figured out why you called Diana all those nicknames. 'Spring,' 'Cab,' 'Post'..."
"Yes?"
"They're all things you wait for. I think Diana was making you wait, and it was making you crazy. Am I right?"
"Oh,Ella. You know I can't tell you that. I will,however, leave you with one more lovely old chestnut-"
"'All good things are worth waiting for?'"
"I really wish you would let me finish a thought tonight. I was going to say, 'Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby.'"
"Marvin Gaye," I said.
"The one and only. #Quote by Melissa Jensen
1698 Chestnut quotes by Vasko Popa
#16. out of each pain which we dont mention

a chestnut tree grows up and remains mysterious behind us

out of each hope which we cherish astar arises

and move unattainable in front of us #Quote by Vasko Popa
#17. This industry is very make-believe and you caught in a false sense of what reality is. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
#18. It's hard when you see a scene where it's raining, and we have the rain machine, and you see it for 5 minutes, but that scene takes all day to shoot, and you do it with rain, and the dry off, and go back and do it again. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
1698 Chestnut quotes by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
#19. Under a spreading chestnut-tree The village smithy stands; The smith, a mighty man is he, With large and sinewy hands; And the muscles of his brawny arms Are strong as iron bands. #Quote by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
1698 Chestnut quotes by Amelia Mangan
#20. His first thought – what felt like his first thought ever, it formed so slowly in his brain – was that she looked like a doll. Just like a doll. Her eyes were large and bright and feline; her hair
was chestnut, brushed to a hardwood shine, parted sharply and flowing to her thighs; her lips were cupid's-bow-cute; her head was tilted to one side on a long, long neck. She had skin that had never seen sunlight, and wore no expression at all.

He noticed her. And she noticed, and kept on noticing, him.

Stanley looked down for a third and longer time. It wasn't polite to stare. Not at girls. Or anyone. But especially not girls. Not even girls who looked like perfect porcelain dolls. #Quote by Amelia Mangan
1698 Chestnut quotes by Marcel Proust
#21. As though one's life were a series of galleries in which all the portraits of any one period had a marked family likeness, the same (so to speak) tonality - this early Swann abounding in leisure, fragrant with the scent of the great chestnut-tree, of baskets of raspberries and of a sprig of tarragon. #Quote by Marcel Proust
1698 Chestnut quotes by Kristen Ashley
#22. Tack filled my vision. I held my breath at the look in his eyes. Yes, very dangerous hot guy. "I underestimated the situation. This is my fuckup. We'll get them, chestnut, then we'll get them," his gravelly voice promised. I held his eyes, and my voice vibrated when I whispered, "Yes. Please. Get them." I understood him. He understood me. He nodded. Then he was gone. #Quote by Kristen Ashley
1698 Chestnut quotes by Cyrus Chestnut
#23. If I can send one person home after a performance feeling better than when they arrived, then I've done my job, and I sleep good at night. #Quote by Cyrus Chestnut
1698 Chestnut quotes by Marcel Proust
#24. Sweet Sunday afternoons, beneath the chestnut-tree in our Combray garden, from which I was careful to eliminate every commonplace incident of my actual life, replacing them by a career of strange adventures and ambitions in a land watered by living streams, you still recall those adventures and ambitions to my mind when I think of you, and you embody and preserve them by virtue of having little by little drawn round and enclosed them (which I went on with my book and the heat of the day declined) in the gradual crystallization, slowly altering in form and dappled with a pattern of chestnut-leaves, of your silent, sonorous, fragrant, limpid hours. #Quote by Marcel Proust
#25. I want to tell stories for everyone, primarily. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
1698 Chestnut quotes by Samantha Young
#26. Strikingly tall, broad, a thick head of silky chestnut hair, olive skin and beautiful almond shaped eyes. His was a strong face, masculine, powerful. I disliked it greatly. #Quote by Samantha Young
1698 Chestnut quotes by Evelyn Waugh
#27. Oxford, in those days, was still a city of aquatint. In her spacious and quiet streets men walked and spoke as they had done in Newman's day; her autumnal mists, her grey springtime, and the rare glory of her summer days - such as that day - when the chestnut was in flower and the bells rang out high and clear over her gables and cupolas, exhaled the soft airs of centuries of youth. It was this cloistral hush which gave our laughter its resonance, and carried it still, joyously, over the intervening clamour. #Quote by Evelyn Waugh
1698 Chestnut quotes by Nicholas Culpeper
#28. If you dry the chestnut, both the barks being taken away, beat them into powder and make the powder up into an electuary with honey, it is a first-rate remedy for cough and spitting of blood. #Quote by Nicholas Culpeper
1698 Chestnut quotes by Steven James Taylor
#29. Any boy or man who has loved understands the force found in those three ordinary letters that form the idea - she. Theo loved the idea of she. Lora Landis became his new destination. It would take a man to sail to her distant blue. Now, he bore the compass. Later, when they first held each other, breast to breast, she bent toward him, her chestnut hair brushing his cheek, leaving it aflame. Wing to wing. Fire to fire. She. #Quote by Steven James Taylor
1698 Chestnut quotes by Julia Quinn
#30. Where is he? Bridgerton!" he bellowed.
Three chestnut heads swiveled in his direction. Simon stomped across the grass, murder in his eyes.
"I meant the idiot Bridgerton."
"That, I believe," Anthony said mildly, tilting his chin toward Colin, "would refer to you. #Quote by Julia Quinn
1698 Chestnut quotes by Susan Freinkel
#31. If the day comes when our descendants can venture with wonder into chestnut forests, we will have gained back more than a perfect tree. We will have gained a new reason for hope. #Quote by Susan Freinkel
#32. I enjoy what I do, but it's more challenging than people think. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
#33. I think that Mos Def is the best actor, but when you talk about rappers in films, I don't really think the quality of the acting is most important because most rappers are put in movies because of the personality and people want to see that. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
1698 Chestnut quotes by Lynne Rae Perkins
#34. Whatever her name was, she was pretty. She had a thick, careless braid of chestnut hair, a quick smile, and dark, merry eyes. She wore some kind of a fuzzy lavender pullover, and when she crossed her legs and lifted her guitar onto her lap, she had an interesting way of tucking the foot of the bottom leg back under her chair that made Hector feel melty. He looked away in self-preservation. #Quote by Lynne Rae Perkins
1698 Chestnut quotes by Charlotte McPherren
#35. What are you doing here?" he questioned, noting her harried appearance. Wild strands of chestnut hair had escaped her sever chignon and her blue dress was gray with dust.
"What am I doing here? The question is, what are you doing here? And where's Willow? Was that her room you just came from?"
Before he could answer, Miriam's eyes suddenly widened. "Good God, what is that?" She pointed at the grinning deer's head.
"That's just Hairy," Rider returned impatiently, "and,yes,that was Willow's room. #Quote by Charlotte McPherren
#36. You start making movies and people start seeing when you go to places, and all of a sudden you are getting clothes for free and all of a sudden you are getting food for free. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
#37. 99% of the people in the world would say there's something that they'd like to change about their lives, because nothing's perfect, and nobody's perfect. I suppose I could look at the glass half-empty instead of as half-full. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
#38. I'm getting to the point where they see me as a good actor, rather than just a good guy who can act. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
1698 Chestnut quotes by Jess Michaels
#39. Andrew followed the direction of her elegant hand and was surprised to see that there was, indeed, a woman in the garden below. "Yes?" He turned toward Vivien and found she was holding out a spyglass for him. "Look a little closer, you could hardly see any detail of her from all the way up here." He tilted his head in increasing confusion. "Vivien - " "Please," she insisted, her tone firm.

With a grunt, Andrew took the glass from her hand and peered through the viewer to the young woman below. As he focused on her face, his breath caught. She was utterly lovely. Chestnut locks framed a face with high cheekbones and full lips, not to mention china-blue eyes that lit up with delight as she paused to sniff this flower or that. Her clothing was well-worn, but when she twisted to observe her surroundings, it accentuated soft curves. Andrew shifted as a most unfamiliar feeling began to stir his loins. Desire, hot and powerful, pumped through his veins, and he lowered the spyglass in shock. He hadn't had such a strong reaction to a woman in years.

"I assume you like what you see," Vivien said softly. Andrew clenched his teeth. There was no hiding the swelling of his cock through the tight breeches he wore, and Vivien was too aware of such things not to notice. "She is, obviously, very pretty," he said coolly as he handed the glass back to Vivien and turned away. He tried to think of anything, anyone, that might force the inconvenient blood upward. "She is look #Quote by Jess Michaels
1698 Chestnut quotes by Amy Jarecki
#40. I-I've wanted you ever since..." She untied the sash around her waist and let the dressing gown drop to the floor.
God save him, she wore not a stitch of clothing. Every shred of self-control fled. His mind consumed with the tantalizing woman before him. Somehow she was even more beautiful now that he'd remembered. The candlelight flickered amber across her skin. Chestnut tresses slid over her shoulder, framing two perfectly formed breasts, tipped by rose.
Sean licked his lips, those delectable rosebuds would be his second stop. In two strides, he wrapped her in his arms and crushed his body against hers. "For all that is holy, you have claimed my soul, my flesh and my mind. #Quote by Amy Jarecki
#41. My idea of a perfect holiday is spending time with the family, waking up on Christmas morning or Thanksgiving morning, watching football all day, having the family come over, people you haven't seen. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
1698 Chestnut quotes by Lisa Kleypas
#42. He loved the colors of her, pink and mauve and ivory, all washed in light. The glistening tumble of her hair held the colors of autumn: chestnut, maple, russet, umber. #Quote by Lisa Kleypas
1698 Chestnut quotes by Henry David Thoreau
#43. You shall see rude and sturdy, experienced and wise men, keeping their castles, or teaming up their summer's wood, or chopping alone in the woods, men fuller of talk and rare adventure in the sun and wind and rain, than a chestnut is of meat; who were out not only in '75 and 1812, but have been out every day of their lives; greater men than Homer, or Chaucer, or Shakespeare, only they never got time to say so; they never took to the way of writing. Look at their fields, and imagine what they might write, if ever they should put pen to paper. Or what have they not written on the face of the earth already, clearing, and burning, and scratching, and harrowing, and plowing, and subsoiling, in and in, and out and out, and over and over, again and again, erasing what they had already written for want of parchment. #Quote by Henry David Thoreau
1698 Chestnut quotes by Georges Simenon
#44. The street sprinkler went past and, as its rasping rotary broom spread water over the tarmac, half the pavement looked as if it had been painted with a dark stain. A big yellow dog had mounted a tiny white bitch who stood quite still.

In the fashion of colonials the old gentleman wore a light jacket, almost white, and a straw hat.

Everything held its position in space as if prepared for an apotheosis. In the sky the towers of Notre-Dame gathered about themselves a nimbus of heat, and the sparrows – minor actors almost invisible from the street – made themselves at home high up among the gargoyles. A string of barges drawn by a tug with a white and red pennant had crossed the breadth of Paris and the tug lowered its funnel, either in salute or to pass under the Pont Saint-Louis.

Sunlight poured down rich and luxuriant, fluid and gilded as oil, picking out highlights on the Seine, on the pavement dampened by the sprinkler, on a dormer window, and on a tile roof on the Île Saint-Louis. A mute, overbrimming life flowed from each inanimate thing, shadows were violet as in impressionist canvases, taxis redder on the white bridge, buses greener.

A faint breeze set the leaves of a chestnut tree trembling, and all down the length of the quai there rose a palpitation which drew voluptuously nearer and nearer to become a refreshing breath fluttering the engravings pinned to the booksellers' stalls.

People had come from far away, fro #Quote by Georges Simenon
1698 Chestnut quotes by Anthony Doerr
#45. Color - that's another thing people don't expect. In her imagination, in her dreams, everything has color. The museum buildings are beige, chestnut, hazel. Its scientists are lilac and lemon yellow and fox brown. Piano chords loll in the speaker of the wireless in the guard station, projecting rich blacks and complicated blues down the hall toward the key pound. Church bells send arcs of bronze careening off the windows. Bees are silver; pigeons are ginger and auburn and occasionally golden. The huge cypress trees she and her father pass on their morning walk are shimmering kaleidoscopes, each needle a polygon of light.
She has no memories of her mother but imagines her as white, a soundless brilliance. Her father radiates a thousand colors, opal, strawberry red, deep russet, wild green; a smell like oil and metal, the feel of a lock tumbler sliding home, the sound of his key rings chiming as he walks. He is an olive green when he talks to a department head, an escalating series of oranges when he speaks to Mademoiselle Fleury from the greenhouses, a bright red when he tries to cook. He glows sapphire when he sits over his workbench in the evenings, humming almost inaudibly as he works, the tip of his cigarette gleaming a prismatic blue. #Quote by Anthony Doerr
#46. There are a lot of people in this business that don't work consistently. #Quote by Morris Chestnut
1698 Chestnut quotes by Vladimir Mayakovsky
#47. A chestnut-haired child
Cheering up, went
and stood in his stall.
And took the whole incident
like a young colt -
and to live seemed worthwhile,
and to labor,
worthy. #Quote by Vladimir Mayakovsky
1698 Chestnut quotes by C.S. Lewis
#48. That ride was perhaps the most wonderful thing that happened to them in Narnia. Have you ever had a gallop on a horse? Think of that; and then take away the heavy noise of the hoofs and the jingle of the bit and imagine instead the almost noiseless padding of the great paws. Then imagine instead of the black or grey or chestnut back of the horse the soft roughness of golden fur, and the mane flying back in the wind. And then imagine you are going about twice as fast as the fastest racehorse. But this is a mount that doesn't need to be guided and never grows tired. He rushes on and on, never missing his footing, never hesitating, threading his way with perfect skill between tree trunks, jumping over bush and briar and the smaller streams, wading the larger, swimming the largest of all. And you are riding not on a road nor in a park nor even on the downs, but right across Narnia, in spring, down solemn avenues of beech and across sunny glades of oak, through wild orchards of snow-white cherry trees, past roaring waterfalls and mossy rocks and echoing caverns, up windy slopes alight with gorse bushes, and across the shoulders of heathery mountains and along giddy ridges and down, down, down again into wild valleys and out into acres of blue flowers. #Quote by C.S. Lewis

Famous Authors

Popular Topics