105 Quotes

Top 53 famous quotes & sayings about 105.

Famous Quotes About 105

Here are best 53 famous quotes about 105 that you can use to show your feeling, share with your friends and post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and blogs. Enjoy your day & share your thoughts with perfect pictures of 105 quotes.

105 quotes by Kristian Williams
#1. A total of 105 patrol officers died on the job in 2012. Less half of those (51) died as the result of violence, and another 48 died in traffic accidents. Between 1961 and 2012, 3,847 cops were murdered and 2,946 died in accidents - averaging about 75 murders and 58 fatal accidents in a typical year. Naturally it is not to be lost sight of that these numbers represent human lives, not widgets or sacks of potatoes. But let's also remember that there were 4,383 fatal work injuries in 2012. As dangerous professions go, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, policing is not even in the top ten. In terms of total fatalities, more truck drivers are killed than any other kind of worker (741 in 2012). A better measure of occupational risk, however, is the rate of work-related deaths per 100,000 workers. In 2012, for example, it was 17.4 for truck drivers. At 15.0 deaths per 100,000, policing is slightly less dangerous than being a maintenance worker (15.7) and slightly more dangerous than supervising the gardener (14.7). The highest rate of fatalities is among loggers at 127.8 per 100,000, just ahead of fishers at 117.0. The rate for all occupations, taken together, is 3.2 per 100,000 workers. Where are the headlines, the memorials, the honor guards, and the sorrowful renderings of Taps for these workers? Where are the mayoral speeches, the newspaper editorials, the sober reflections that these brave men and women died, and that others risk their lives daily, so that we might co #Quote by Kristian Williams
105 quotes by Joseph Campbell
#2. With the moon walk, the religious myth that sustained these notions could no longer be held. With our view of earthrise, we could see that the earth and the heavens were no longer divided but that the earth is in the heavens. (105) #Quote by Joseph Campbell
105 quotes by Pike, Albert
#3. The Teachers, even of Christianity, are in general, the most ignorant of the true meaning of that which they teach. There is no book of which so little is known as the Bible. To most who read it, it is as incomprehensible as the Sohar. p. 105 #Quote by Pike, Albert
105 quotes by Mother Angelica
#4. Everything starts with one person ... I don't care if you're 5 or 105, God from all eternity chose you to be where you are, at this time in history, to change the world. #Quote by Mother Angelica
105 quotes by Ellen G. White
#5. It was Christ, by the power of his word, that caused the refreshing stream to flow for Israel. "They drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." 1 Corinthians 10:4. He was the source of all temporal as well as spiritual blessings. Christ, the true Rock, was with them in all their wanderings. "They thirsted not when he led them through the deserts: he caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them; he clave the rock also, and the waters gushed out." "They ran in the dry places like a river." Isaiah 48:21; Psalm 105:41. #Quote by Ellen G. White
105 quotes by Ross Thomas
#6. The redheaded homicide detective stepped through the door at 7:30 A.M. and out into the August heat that already had reached 88 degrees. By noon the temperature would hit 100, and by two or three o'clock it would be hovering around 105. Frayed nerves would then start to snap and produce a marked increase in the detective's business. Breadknife weather, the detective thought. Breadknives in the afternoon. #Quote by Ross Thomas
105 quotes by Ilaria Ramelli
#7. Supporters of apokatastasis in roughly chronological order:

-[c. 30-105] Apostle Paul and various NT authors
-[c. 80-150] Scattered likely references among Apostolic Fathers
oIgnatius
oJustin Martyr
oTatian
oTheophilus of Antioch (explicit references)
-[130-202] Irenaeus
-[c. 150-200] Pantaenus of Alexandria
-[150-215] Clement of Alexandria
-[154-222] Bardaisan of Edessa
-[c. 184-253] Origen (including The Dialogue of Adamantius)
-[♱ 265] Dionysius of Alexandria
-[265-280] Theognustus
-[c. 250-300] Hieracas
-[♱ c. 309] Pierius
-[♱ c. 309] St Pamphilus Martyr
-[♱ c. 311] Methodius of Olympus
-[251-306] St. Anthony
-[c. 260-340] Eusebius
-[c. 270-340] St. Macrina the Elder
-[conv. 355] Gaius Marius Victorinus (converted at very old age)
-[300-368] Hilary of Poitiers
-[c. 296-373] Athanasius of Alexandria
-[♱ c. 374] Marcellus of Ancrya
-[♱378] Titus of Basra/Bostra
-[c. 329-379] Basil the Cappadocian
-[327-379] St. Macrina the Younger
-[♱387] Cyril of Jerusalem (possibly)
-[c. 300-388] Paulinus, bishop of Tyre and then Antioch
-[c. 329-390] Gregory Nazianzen
-[♱ c. 390] Apollinaris of Laodicaea
-[♱ c. 390] Diodore of Tarsus
-[330-390] Gregory of Nyssa
-[c. 310/13-395/8] Didymus the Blind of Alexandria
-[333-397] Ambrose of Milan
-[345-399] Evagrius Ponticus
-[♱407] Theotimus of Scythia
#Quote by Ilaria Ramelli
105 quotes by Russell D. Moore
#8. We are to hold accountable those on the inside, and speak to those on the outside with persuasion and mission.
We tend to do the exact reverse. We rail against the culture outside, and speak in muted and ambiguous terms about what is common among us. We lambaste political and cultural heresies on the outside, but sit silently in the face of doctrinal heresies in the inside. That's because we are seeing the wrong kingdom first. #Quote by Russell D. Moore
105 quotes by Marsha Blackburn
#9. I am every single day talking with and working with people in my district who are seeing their health care insurance costs go up five times, 105 percent, 300 percent, that are getting pay cuts, that are losing 40-hour workweeks, that are having to work two and three jobs. #Quote by Marsha Blackburn
105 quotes by Bill Nye
#10. Try this way of picturing a human lifespan. The National Football League's Dallas Cowboys' stadium holds 105,000 people. Now, imagine that you're watching life go by down on the field, and every day you watch that life go by from a different seat. You don't even get a third of the way around. Before you've settled into a third of the seats, you'd be dead. And, that's if you had a good run, eighty-two-plus years. Yikes! #Quote by Bill Nye
105 quotes by Leslie Jordan
#11. My mom will never march in a gay pride parade with a big sign. She is very private. She lives in Chattanooga. She tries so hard to understand me and my life. But she said to me once, "Leslie, if I live to be 105 I'll never understand this need you have to air your dirty laundry. Why can't you just whisper it to a therapist?!" She doesn't understand. #Quote by Leslie Jordan
105 quotes by Deyth Banger
#12. So far a lot of battles I have won, so far I have reached the game with the chess puzzles 105 level out of 350. #Quote by Deyth Banger
105 quotes by Michel De Certeau
#13. They become liberated spaces that can be occupied. A rich indetermination gives them, by means of a semantic rarefaction, the function of articulating a second, poetic geography on top of the geography of the literal, forbidden or permitted meaning. They insinuate other routes into the functionalist and historical order of movement. Walking follows them: 'I fill this great empty space with a beautiful name. #Quote by Michel De Certeau
105 quotes by R. Alan Streett
#14. Many theologians believe the Gospel writers include miracle stories in order to prove that Jesus is divine. But miracles are not proof of deity. Many Old Testament prophets heal people and even raise them from the dead, yet they are mere mortals. Jesus's miracle ministry is a demonstration that the kingdom of God has arrived. Heaven on Earth, pg. 105. #Quote by R. Alan Streett
105 quotes by Oleg Cassini
#15. I have programmed myself to be at least 105 years old. #Quote by Oleg Cassini
105 quotes by Pearl S. Buck
#16. We must have this rule, for there are those whose hearts are so hard that they will come and buy this rice that is given for the poor--for a penny will not feed any man like this--and they will carry the rice home to feed to their pigs for slop. And the rice is for men and not for pigs" (Buck, 105). #Quote by Pearl S. Buck
105 quotes by Diarmaid MacCulloch
#17. Fawn M. Brodie, whose classic life of Smith earned her excommunication from the Mormon Church, saw the Book of Mormon as 'one of the earliest examples of frontier fiction, the first long Yankee narrative that owes nothing to English literary fashions'.105 There was quite a genre of 'lost race' novels at the time. A century on, J. R. R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings saga formed an English Catholic parallel, conscious or unconscious, to Smith's work. #Quote by Diarmaid MacCulloch
105 quotes by Lydia Davis
#18. 105 years old:
she wouldn't be alive today
even if she hadn't died. #Quote by Lydia Davis
105 quotes by Noureen DeWulf
#19. Yoga is the most boring exercise. It's for people who are too lazy to get on the elliptical. Bikram, where they heat up the room to mimic India's climate, is especially stupid. People in India are not skinny because they're doing yoga in 105-degree rooms; they're skinny because there's no food. #Quote by Noureen DeWulf
105 quotes by Anonymous
#20. PROFITS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PYRAMID | Idea in Brief 105 words THE PROBLEM Multinational firms' socially beneficial ventures in low-income markets need to earn profits if they're to command corporate resources, but operating in the black is harder than it looks. THE SOLUTION Companies can use the authors' "opportunity map" to design and undertake ventures at the bottom of the pyramid that match their capabilities and financial expectations. THE DETAILS The map sorts ventures according to cost and complexity by analyzing two key challenges in selling to the poor: changing consumers' behavior and changing the way products are made and delivered. The map can encourage companies to forgo overly ambitious, unsustainable projects and start with smaller ones that generate steady profits. #Quote by Anonymous
105 quotes by Davey Havok
#21. I attribute a lot of the success to Live 105, of course, because it's something they've nurtured and grown. #Quote by Davey Havok
105 quotes by Brigham Young
#22. The inquiry has often been made of us in the course of our history, why we do not contradict such and such statements, "Why do you not confute this or that?" "Why do you not enlighten the people in regard to certain statements which are urged against you, and disabuse the public mind?" ... As for offering refutations to charges made against us, it would be impossible to keep pace with the thousands of freshly invented falsehoods that the powers spiritual and the powers temporal would produce to feed the credulity of the ignorant masses. Bunyan says that it requires a legion of devils to watch one Christian; it would require a legion of refutations to keep pace with one infernal liar, therefore we say, "lie on, falsify every thing you want to falsify, and say what you please; there is a God in Israel, and if you have not yet learned it, you will learn it."
[JD10:105, 109] #Quote by Brigham Young
105 quotes by Melody Beattie
#23. A man went to Istanbul, his first visit there. On his way to a business meeting, this man lost his way. He began raging at himself for getting lost, until a realization allowed him to transcend his ire. "How can I be lost? I've never been here before?" pp 104-105 #Quote by Melody Beattie
105 quotes by Mike Shinoda
#24. Global warming. every day i leave my house and think, "was it this hot last year?" the heat this summer here in LA and in most of the US has been unbearable. i can't remember another time when it was 105 degrees fahrenheit out here (40.5 celsius), and that's the kind of weather we've been having pretty much every day. #Quote by Mike Shinoda
105 quotes by Imelda May
#25. Don't lie - when you are 105 years of age - on your deathbed, thinking, 'I should have done a few things!' I would like to think I tried as much as I could. #Quote by Imelda May
105 quotes by Grae Lily
#26. She noted that the more gruesome or heinous the crime, the more interested the class of over 105 students would become. #Quote by Grae Lily
105 quotes by Sylvia Boorstein
#27. The delicacy, the impermanence, the emptiness of mind states. Just like the weather, they blow in and out. Good mood. Bad mood. Tranquil mood. Frazzled mood [p. 105]. #Quote by Sylvia Boorstein
105 quotes by Ted Allen
#28. My place in Chicago is a 105 year old house, but I really like contemporary spaces too, so it's refreshing and fun to be in a space where you can do contemporary things. #Quote by Ted Allen
105 quotes by Haresh Buxani
#29. Life does not need to be perfect for us to enjoy a wonderful day - Page 105 #Quote by Haresh Buxani
105 quotes by Andrew Roberts
#30. The Great Depression had taken a physical toll on American manhood; even though the Army would accept just about anyone sane over 5 feet tall, 105 pounds in weight, possessing twelve or more of his own teeth, and free of flat feet, venereal disease and hernias, no fewer than 40 per cent of citizens failed these basic criteria. #Quote by Andrew Roberts
105 quotes by Hilary Duff
#31. Who are you?" I asked.
"You know who I am," he replied. "I'm yours."

~Clea / Sage, pg. 105 #Quote by Hilary Duff
105 quotes by Frank Sinatra
#32. And if you should survive to 105
Look at all you'll derive out of being alive.
Then here is the best part
You have a head start
If you are among the very young at heart. #Quote by Frank Sinatra
105 quotes by Alexander Pope
#33. Honour forbid! at whose unrivall'd shrine 105 Ease, pleasure, virtue, all our sex resign. Methinks already I your tears survey, Already hear the horrid things they say, Already see you a degraded toast, And all your honour in a whisper lost! 110 How shall I, then, your helpless fame #Quote by Alexander Pope
105 quotes by Margaret Cho
#34. I think I heard it [ Ferris Bueller's Day Off ] earlier. This was being played on a station in San Francisco called Live 105, which was a new wave station. It was one of the first stations to change its format in the early '80s. There was this wave of really strange music coming from Europe like Kraftwork and Freur. #Quote by Margaret Cho
105 quotes by Heather O'Neill
#35. There was this professional hockey player that I liked. I imagined him watching at the parade and falling in love with me. It didn't occur to me that he probably wasn't interested in twelve-year-olds. #Quote by Heather O'Neill
105 quotes by Joan Fontaine
#36. I hope I'll die on stage at the age at 105, playing Peter Pan. #Quote by Joan Fontaine
105 quotes by Jules Verne
#37. Now," said I, "we must not let this water run away."
"Why not?" replied my uncle. "I suspect the spring is unfailing." (p. 105) #Quote by Jules Verne
105 quotes by Bill Bryson
#38. Faced with a wealth of text but a poverty of context, scholars have focused obsessively on what they can know. They have counted every word he wrote, logged every dib and jot. They can tell us (and have done so) that Shakespeare's works contain 138,198 commas, 26,794 colons, and 15,785 question marks; that ears are spoken of 401 times in his plays; that dunghill is used 10 times and dullard twice; that his characters refer to love 2,259 times but to hate just 183 times; that he used damned 105 times and bloody 226 times, but bloody-minded only twice; that he wrote hath 2,069 times but has just 409 times; that all together he left us 884,647 words, made up of 31,959 speeches, spread over 118,406 lines. #Quote by Bill Bryson
105 quotes by Walter Rodney
#39. Development means a capacity for self-sustaining growth. It means that an economy must register advances which in turn will promote further progress. The loss of industry and skill in Africa was extremely small, if we measure it from the viewpoint of modern scientific achievements or even by the standards of England in the late eighteenth century. However, it must be borne in mind that to be held back at one stage means that it is impossible to go on to a further stage. When a person is forced to leave school after only two years of primary school education, it is no reflection on him that he is academically and intellectually less developed than someone who had the opportunity to be schooled right through to university level. What Africa experienced in the early centuries of trade was precisely a loss of development opportunity, and this is of greatest importance. Pg. 105 #Quote by Walter Rodney
105 quotes by Vincent Bugliosi
#40. Yeah, I lost court cases and misdemeanor juries, but of felony jury trials I was successful 105 of 106 times. #Quote by Vincent Bugliosi
105 quotes by Clint Eastwood
#41. It would be great to be 105 and still making films. #Quote by Clint Eastwood
105 quotes by Angie Martinez
#42. I'm excited to join Power 105.1 in New York and The Beat in Miami and expand my brand even further in the coming months. #Quote by Angie Martinez
105 quotes by Sheldon B. Kopp
#43. You can't make anyone love you. You just have to reveal who you are and take your chances. (105) #Quote by Sheldon B. Kopp
105 quotes by Froma Harrop
#44. In case you haven't noticed, a large wall is being built around the American people to ensure that they remain prisoner to the drug industry. It's easy to understand why drug makers want to force Americans to buy their products in the United States. Ours is the only industrialized country that doesn't negotiate the prices the drug companies may charge. As a result, a 90-day supply of Fosamax sells for $105 in Canada but $210 here. #Quote by Froma Harrop
105 quotes by Patricia Mulcahy
#45. I told Ella Mae Cheeks Johnson, then age 105, that she was the only person over 80 who I'd ever met who never referred to her physical infirmities or health problems. To which she replied, I have my difficulties; I do not rejoice in them. #Quote by Patricia Mulcahy
105 quotes by Annette J. Dunlea
#46. Geographically the island had dramatic coastline of secret coves and forests. It was surrounded by water of turquoise color and reef. It had rich, fertile lands and a very hot temperature all year round. All year the temperature averaged 105 degrees. It got a bit cooler at night but people could still sleep under the stars and sky. It had very little rainfall and no snow or frost. Temperatures dropped a little in the winter". #Quote by Annette J. Dunlea
105 quotes by Elizabeth Bard
#47. No better way to avoid making a decision than burying yourself in a big fat book. (p. 105). #Quote by Elizabeth Bard
105 quotes by James Morcan
#48. It's very important the person being vaccinated has healthy kidneys as they are a vital part of eliminating aluminum (Al) from the blood. We wonder if many doctors test infants and children for healthy kidneys before vaccinating them. A good test for this would be to check the Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR)[105]. This tells us how well the kidneys (glomerulus) are filtering the blood. To know how much aluminum the kidneys can handle, we must know their GFR. #Quote by James Morcan
105 quotes by Mathias Aires
#49. Ignorance has produced less errors than science. P. 105 #Quote by Mathias Aires
105 quotes by Richard A. Posner
#50. A poem by Rudyard Kipling says derisively of people who despise soldiers and police that they make 'mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep.' You are likely to have a strong reaction pro or con to this sentiment and how Kipling expressed it, but you will not be able to defend your view with arguments that would convince someone who has the opposite reaction. If you are intellectually sophisticated you mare recognize that your conviction, however strong, cannot be shown to be 'right,' but at most reasonable. Yet that recognition will not weaken the strength of your conviction or its influence on your behavior." 105-06 (quoting Rudyard Kipling, Tommy.) #Quote by Richard A. Posner
105 quotes by Henry Wiencek
#51. In the West Indies and South America, slaves were worked to death and replaced with fresh imports, but in the continental North American colonies of Great Britain the situation was the opposite. By about 1710, as Morgan notes, "Virginia's slave population began to grow from natural increase, an unprecedented event for any New World slave population.…In 1700 Virginia had 13,000 slaves; in 1730, 40,000; in 1750, 105,000, of whom nearly 80 percent were Virginia born. #Quote by Henry Wiencek
105 quotes by Unknown Author 105
#52. When something in life goes wrong, yell, "Plot Twist!" and move on? #Quote by Unknown Author 105
105 quotes by Mev Puleo
#53. So we speak of a Black God, Mother God, Worker God.
This de-mystifies what's been passed on to us! In our process of organization and liberation of our people, it's important to meet a God who is more like us. (Silvia Regina de Lima Silva, p. 105) #Quote by Mev Puleo

Famous Authors

Popular Topics